Posted on Dec 23, 2021
Christmas is a time for celebration and spending time with family and friends, but it’s also important to remember to keep your home safe. Burglars are known to increase their activities during the holiday season, so it’s important to take some precautions to ensure that your home is as secure as possible. Here are a few tips to help you keep your home safe during the Christmas season.
1. Keep all doors and windows locked when you’re not at home. Even if you’re just going out for a few minutes, make sure your doors and windows are locked so that burglars can’t get in.
2. Keep your Christmas gifts out of sight. Don’t leave your gifts in plain view of the windows or on the front porch. This will make it easier for burglars to spot them and steal them.
3. Install a security system. A security system can help to deter burglars from breaking into your home.
4. Keep your lights on. Turning your lights off when you’re not at home makes your home look unoccupied and inviting to burglars. Keep your lights on so that it looks like someone is home.
5. Be social! Let your neighbours know when you’re going away for Christmas and ask them to keep an eye on your home while you’re gone.
6. Install a security camera. A security camera can help to keep an eye on your home and record any activity that takes place.
7. Keep your driveway and front yard clear. If there’s snow on the ground, make sure to shovel your driveway and front yard so that burglars can’t hide in the snow and sneak into your home.
8. Get a dog. A dog can be a great deterrent to burglars and can help to keep your home safe.
9. Be aware of your surroundings. If you see someone suspicious walking around your neighborhood, call the police.
10. Keep your valuables in a safe. If you have any expensive jewelry, antiques or anything else of value, keep them locked up in a safe so that burglars can’t get to them.
11. Keep the inside of your home well-lit when you’re not at home. Leaving a few lights on will keep your home looking bright and cheery, and it will also help to deter burglars.
12. Don’t leave any gifts outside of your doorsteps or on your sidewalk. Burglars might be tempted by the presents sitting right in front of them!
Burglar Alarm System
Closed Circuit Television
Home security system
Lights on in house
Out of town for Christmas
Presents by the window
Safe for valuables
Snow shoveled/cleared away from house
Window locks fitted
Windows and doors locked when the home is empty
Yard clear of obstructions/hiding places for burglars.
These are some tips to help keep your home safe this Christmas. By following these simple tips, you can help to deter burglars from targeting your home during the holiday season. If you have any questions or need more advice on home security, please don’t hesitate to call NJM Locksmiths - Emergency Locksmith In Northampton.