Posted on Apr 13, 2022
It’s every homeowners worst nightmare – coming home or waking up to find that your house has been targeted by burglars in your absence.
Of course, the first thing you should always do in this situation is notify the police and have them ensure that nobody who gained access to your home is still there. However, once this is taken care of, your next priority should be to secure your home and leave yourself best protected against this ever happening again.
There are a few key things you can do to help secure your home after a break-in:
1) Check all doors and windows to make sure they are properly locked. If possible, install additional locks on vulnerable entry points.
2) Install a home security system and make sure it is properly activated.
3) Get to know your neighbours and make sure they are aware of your contact information in case they see anything suspicious around your property.
4) Make sure all valuable items are securely stored away and out of sight.
5) If you will be away from home for an extended period of time, make arrangements with a trusted friend or neighbour to keep an eye on things.
By taking these simple precautions, you can help deter burglars from targeting your home again and give yourself some peace of mind in the event that this nightmare scenario ever does occur. Call us for Emergency Locksmiths Northampton.